Instructor: La Conja
In these workshops, students will learn:
- flamenco as a musical form,
- the different styles of the Cante and the importance of the Compas,
- how to accompany another dancer with the Palmas and Compas,
- how you work with a singer and a guitarist,
- how to understand what are the different signals in the dance you should be watching out for when you are on stage working with another dancer, singer, and guitarist,
- what to do on stage if you experience a problem, and
- how to recover at that moment to make it all come together.
These workshops are open to all levels, and you are highly encouraged to take both, although it is not necessary. Dancers, as well as musicians, are welcome to participate.
Things to bring to the workshops:
- pen & note pad,
- dance shoes, and
- an open mind and wiliness to learn.