- This event has passed.
FLAMENCO CUADRO WORKSHOPS
December 7 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on December 8, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Instructor: La Conja
La Conja, a Dancer, Singer, and Choreographer, lived in Spain for ten years and performed in some of the most famous Tablao’s in Spain. Her knowledge of dancing and singing flamenco has given her a profound understanding of the structure of this art form not only as a dance form but as a musical form.
In these workshops, students will learn:
- flamenco as a musical form,
- the different styles of the Cante and the importance of the Compas,
- how to accompany another dancer with the Palmas and Compas,
- how you work with a singer and a guitarist,
- how to understand what are the different signals in the dance you should be watching out for when you are on stage working with another dancer, singer, and guitarist,
- what to do on stage if you experience a problem, and
- how to recover at that moment to make it all come together.
These workshops are open to all levels, and you are highly encouraged to take both, although it is not necessary. Dancers, as well as musicians, are welcome to participate. La Conja is very excited to share her knowledge and experience that she has learned through the many years of working in Cuadro’s in Spain.
Things to bring to the workshops:
- pen & note pad,
- dance shoes, and
- an open mind and wiliness to learn.
Price: $25 for one / $40 for both – Register Now